Joshua Freeman rightly says, “There is much more flexibility to work from home nowadays.”
Well, he is right! Most people are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The organization is calling the required staff only to work at the organization after the lockdown was lifted. Still, a large number of professionals work from home.
So, what about their productivity? Will it get hampered? How to cope up with focus and stress? By managing the work with these productivity tools, professionals working from home can feel at ease. A recent survey stated that almost 42% of US citizens work from home full-time. It means that these employees contribute almost two-third towards the US economy.
Therefore, it is necessary to pick the right WFH productivity tools to manage time, stay focused, automation of the work, organizing the digital workspace, and for streamlining the communication.
Let’s dig in more to get full insight into these work from home productivity tools.
The Tools are split into 5 categories:
#1 – For Managing Time
This tool helps you manage your time by taking full control over it. It makes your work more productive by blocking the distraction. RescueTime, founded in 2007, is also known as the “powerful time tracking and distraction blocking software.” This software works excellently with Mac, Windows, Chrome, iOS, and Android devices.
You can take its 14-days free trial. There are many great features of this app that are as follows:
- It automatically tracks the time the user spends upon websites, apps, and specific documents. There are no timers used, and no manual entry is being made. It gives detailed reports upon the use of your productive time and what is hampering your productivity if work is slowing down.
- This software gives you a full picture of the day, even if you have been away for much time. It provides the full picture of the day.
- Get detailed reports and insights into your work productivity. This software will showcase the truth about working habits and will help you set smart goals. It will make you more focused and productive.
- Rebuilds your focus by blocking distracting websites with the help of the feature “FocusTime.” You can even start the manual session, schedule the time in your calendar, and set daily limits on the sites and the apps.
- Integrates easily with other apps like Calendar, Slack, and a hundred other apps
Along with managing the time, [email protected] helps in focusing during your work. It was founded in the year 2011. The basis of making this app is to streamline the thought process and tune out all other distractions. This app has instrumental music and can be customized for entrepreneurs, logical thinkers, students, etc. A few of its significant features are:
- No more distraction from the current piece of work
- The app reported the average productivity in an hour to be almost 75%
- It can be used during work hours as the music helps in focusing on the work
- World-class neuroscientists support this app and designed by “platinum-selling” music producers with thousands of unique tracks.
- Creates sustainable work from the home scenario with less focus on other distractions
- In-built timer and tracker help you concentrate during the focus session. It imparts the overall brain’s fitness.
- You can choose from different focus sounds like Electro Bach, Alpha Chill, Water, Ambient, ADHD Type 1, Cinematic, etc.
You can get the annual plan of [email protected] for $35 per year, the two-year plan is available for $30 per year, and the VIP plan with lifetime access and support is available for $150 with one-time billing. The users can opt for a 28-days free trial, and it also offers a 30-days money-back guarantee. The Gift accounts start from $19.99 and go up to $149.99.
#2 – Automating The Menial Work
Compose error-free writing with this app that supports browsers like Firefox and Chrome, and supports operating systems like Windows and Mac. This is the world’s renowned grammar spelling checker provided free of cost for use. It can be upgraded to premium for availing more features.
It is a US-based firm founded in 2009. This software helps everyone right from the student to a professional writer to check the quality of their content. Some of its essential features are:
- It rectifies the spelling mistakes and modifies the sentences to make them look simple and clear to understand. The software can be integrated with any of the Word Processor to alter your social media posts and emails.
- Grammarly corrects even the minute mistakes that other tools may overlook. It fixes the spellings, any repetitive words, comma usage, and much more. This online software also gives suggestions to remove weak adjectives and use strong sentences.
- You can find Grammarly Business created exclusively for the organizations to improve their professional material. This feature helps in the seamless flow of the work among the various departments and to improve efficiency and collaboration. The Enterprise-grade feature reduces the consumption of time.
- Other common features include grammar rule explanations, stating missing articles, checking plagiarism and performance stats, gives suggestions for vocabulary enhancement, and much more.
You can avail of its free trial. But, it offers three premium plans in which you need to pay $29.95 monthly, $19.98/month for every quarter, and for an annual plan, you need to pay $11.66 monthly.
This online marketplace, founded in 2010, was developed for both buyers and sellers. The menial amount to complete the task is just $5, which makes it a unique platform. Here, businesses can find freelancers to complete specific projects or contractors can be hired for multiple times. Sellers can form a ‘gig’ to attract the respective buyers. The buyers check the reviews and ratings of most of the freelancers before outsourcing the work.
For buying the freelance services on Fiverr, the buyer needs to pay $1 as the processing fee that goes up to $20. Fiverr charges a 5% commission for the orders that go beyond $20. On the other hand, if you are selling freelance services, Fiverr takes almost 20% of the job completed.
Moreover, the commission is also charged for removing funds from your account. Like, for PayPal 2% of the withdrawals up to $1, for Local Bank transfer $3 is charged per transfer, for Fiverr Revenue Card $1 is charged within two days period and $3 if transfer made within 2 hours, and for Direct Deposit $1 is charged per transfer only in the US.
Let us now see some of its significant features:
- Support multi-currencies
- It is a freelance marketplace
- Provision of secure payment gateways for money transfer
- Renders private communication platform
- Get customized offers
- Reviews and order pricing are displayed on seller’s or freelancers profile
- Jobs available from multiple categories right from graphic designing to animation to writing
- Privacy is the key feature
This productivity tool, founded in 2008, is used as the secured password manager that stores the usernames and passwords of the people in a place called “Vault.” The LastPass will remember your username and password for the websites you log onto usually.
You can try this app for free that includes free 30-days trial of Premium plan. It supports the platforms like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 11, Android 5.0 and later versions, Windows 7, iOS 11 and later versions, etc.
The pricing of LastPass is structured for Single Users & Families, and Business organizations. Here’s the plan like:
- For Single Users & Families (all these plans can be tried for 30-days free)
- The free plan provides reliable and convenient password management across all devices.
- A $3 premium plan charge per month and provides multiple device password sharing services. You also receive 1GB of encrypted file storage for maintaining personal security.
- Families plan starts at $4 monthly that offers secure password management and six premium licenses to make password sharing easier.
- Business Plans (all these plans can be tried for 14 days free)
- The all-new MFA increases business security through multi-factor authentication. It is available for $3 per month.
- The “Teams plan” is available at $4 monthly and offers secure password management. It is recommended for a team of 50 people or less.
- The Enterprise plan is available for $6 per month that offers a single sign-on and password management solution. It is available for numerous users.
- The new Identity plan is available for $8 a month that provides single sign-on, password management, and MFA.
A few other features of this app are:
- Simplifies the online shopping by filing up shipping and payment details
- Generation of strong passwords
- One-to-One hassle-free sharing
- Provides encrypted file storage facility
- No need to text as you can share passwords with LastPass
- Only trusted and authorized people can access your LastPass account
#3 – Stay Focused With These Tools
This productivity app helps you to focus while on work. The app was launched in 2015 with significant specialties like time management, works like application and website blocker, blocks social media, increases productivity, and maintains work-life balance.
By blocking a few apps and unnecessary activities, users were able to save more than five hours in a day. The plans offered are 100% risk-free as the company provides a 60-days money-back guarantee. FocusMe monthly plan is for $399.99, the yearly plan is for $1999.99, and the lifetime plan payable once is for $6999.99. Students and educators can avail a 30% discount. The free trial for 30 days is also available.
A few significant features of this app are:
- Partially blocks the social media sites and only provides access to the business groups.
- Helps plan the entire week with the automatic scheduler so that you can optimize your work.
- Blocks distracting apps like new sites, games sites, social media platforms, etc.
- Supports in scheduling different tasks seamlessly
- It enables the Pomodoro timer to have focused work. You can customize your whole schedule along with the requisite breaks.
- You can use the free Android app and can use it on five PCs with a single license. If your kids are under 18, then parents can use a license on multiple devices.
It is a time tracking and employee monitoring productivity tool founded in the year 2011. Time Doctor helps in maximizing productivity and let the projects stay on track. It is ideal for freelancers and business owners who want to monitor the productivity of their in-house and remote employees. It renders distraction alert, easy set-up, encrypted security, customized options, and much more.
The Time Doctor offers plans like basic, standard, premium. They include features as follows:
- Basic Plan: It starts at $7 a month, has a free trial, and vital features include:
- Manages tasks and projects
- Time tracking feature
- Tracks your activities
- Provision of unlimited screenshots
- One month data storage
- 3-days support and support up to 1 department or group
- Standard Plan: It starts at $10 a month, offers a free trial, and the feature offered are:
- Manages tasks and projects with time tracking feature
- Get unlimited screenshots
- Tracks URLs, apps, and work activities
- Offers more than 40 integration with other tools
- Helps manage Payroll
- 24-hour timely support system
- 6 months of the data storage system
- Supports up to three departments/groups
- Premium Plan: Get this plan at $20 a month and free trial too. The features include:
- Manages tasks, projects, and offers time tracking feature
- Supports activity tracking and unlimited screenshots
- Manages Payroll and helps track apps and URLs
- Provides client login access feature
- More than 40 integrations supported
- Offers concierge account set-up, VIP support, and captures video screens
- Unlimited data storage and group/department support
#4 – Streamline Communication
Zoom, founded in 2011, is an excellent video and web conferencing option for large organization teams. This cloud-based video conferencing option helps with group messaging and simple online meetings too. Moreover, it can support up to 100 interactive participants and 10,000 “view-only attendees.” The pricing plan for Zoom includes Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise plans.
They also include versatile features. Let see one by one.
- Basic: It’s free and used for personal meetings. Features offered are:
- Hosts 100 participants
- Unlimited meetings with 40 minutes limit on group meetings
- Supports video and web conferencing
- Privacy and security
- Group collaboration feature provided
- Pro: It is offered at $14.99 monthly and hosts up to 9 accounts. It is great for small teams and contains all the essential features. Other features provided are:
- Duration of meeting 24 hours
- Consists of user management, reporting, admin feature, assign scheduler, and personal meeting ID
- Interoperability of Skype for business with 1GB of M4A Cloud and MP4 recording
- Business: Fit for small to medium-sized business, available for $19.99 monthly with 10 hosts, and includes all Pro features too.
- Supports 300 participants with admin dashboard
- On-premise deployment feature, provides vanity URL, single sign-on, and customized emails
- Offers cloud recording transcripts and LTI integration
- Enterprise: Available for $19.99 monthly, fit for large enterprises, and starts at 100 host account. It also includes all the business features along with:
- Supports 500 participants and Enterprise Plus version supports 1,000 participants
- Dedicated customer manager, unlimited cloud storage, and executive business reviews
- Discounts on zoom rooms and webinars
This software package supports desktop sharing, video conferencing, online meetings, and much more. You can try this software for free as it provides7-days free trial.
GoToMeeting, founded in 2004, offers professional package at $12 monthly with 150 participants, and users can save 14%. The Business package is offered at $16 per month with 250 participants, and one can save 16%. For Enterprise package, you need to call the experts at GoToMeeting for getting the customized package, but still, it can support up to 3,000 participants.
Few of its significant features are:
- An online meeting can be started straight from your mobile device
- VoIP calls that save money and time
- Easily share your mobile, desktop, and tablet screens
- HD-quality video conferencing feature
- Full video conferencing kit with integrated software
- Provision of business webinars
#5 – Organising Digital Workspace
This process management platform, founded in 2014, manages repetitive business tasks and checklists. It helps businesses to track their progress, provides scalable solutions, saves money, and minimizes mistakes.
The navigation of the app can be done through keyboard shortcuts and drag-and-drop options. Users can add images, videos, and other documents when needed. Its pricing is divided into Basic, Standard, and Enterprise with a 14-days free trial of Standard plan.
- Basic: It starts at $12 per user per month, and you can try for free too. It’s essential features include:
- Unlimited templates and checklists
- Reporting and process documentation feature
- Supports emails, chats, and more than 1000 app integrations
- Self-guided onboarding support
- Standard: The plan starts at $25 per user/per month and includes all the features of the Basic plan too. Other features included are:
- Enforced orders and dynamic due dates
- Supports role assignments and conditional logic
- Helps with approvals, task permissions, training and strategy consultation, and priority support
- Enterprise: The plan is customized according to the organization, and users can request a demo. It includes everything of Standard plan, plus other features included are:
- Supports workflow set-up and integration
- Helps with personalized onboarding and training
- Provides a dedicated success manager and API access
- Consists of SAML-based single sign-on with active directory integration
This software, released in 2003, is developed by 2BrightSparks. In more than 15 years, SyncBack has undergone various changes. In June 2019, SyncBack version 9 was released. This freeware works as the Windows backup software that is available free for educational, charity, personal, government, and commercial use. It does not have any nags, viruses, Trojans, payment, or registration. This software can be downloaded free from the company’s website.
The significant features provided by this software include:
- It supports multi-language system
- There is no restriction on the length of the filename
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista that is of 32 or 64 bits
- It consists of both simple and advanced mode
- Supports in restoring backup files seamlessly
- Provides insight into copied tasks
- The new version 9 is portable and has a primary encryption feature
- Works hassle-free with a wide range of FTP servers
Finally, this is the list of the advanced and seamless work from home productivity tools that you can use to enhance your focus and better manage your time. These distinct tools are excellent in themselves and do their job effectively.
Right from RescueTime, that is distraction blocking and powerful time management tool to [email protected] that not only manages distractions but helps in nurturing focus with the help of unique sounds. Most of us are aware of Grammarly, but along with correcting spellings, it overall enhances your content by carrying out significant modifications. Fiverr a $5 task-completion platform, is an extensive freelance marketplace. Even you can secure your username and passwords with LastPass Vault feature.
Moreover, stay focused with FocusMe and schedules Pomodoro timer accordingly. On the other hand, using Time Doctor enhances your productivity and track activity of your in-house and remote employees. To seamlessly manage online communication, use Zoom that is the largest Video and Web conferencing platform that can host up to 1,000 participants. Even GoToMeeting is another online meeting and video conferencing platform that can support up to 3,000 participants.
Lastly, to organize your digital workspace, opt for Process Street that helps in checking your repetitive business checklists and tasks. You can choose SyncBackFree, which is Windows backup software and restores backup files immediately. Pick any of the productivity tools according to your business and individual needs.